- Burnout is like a kettle, and you can keep it going by letting steam out occasionally
- My burnout prevention technique has two components to it: detection and corrective action.
- Detection is actually really easy. Once a week, introspect and ask yourself: “Do I feel resentful?” This works remarkably well, because resentment is the first sign of burnout.
- Maslach Burnout Inventory: ICE
- Inefficacy: reduced personal accomplishment
- Cynicism: negative attitudes
- Exhaustion: loss of energy, fatigue
- Do restful activity that’s actually restful.