- Stop coding. Instead focus on code reviews etc.
- Focus on the people and the work
- Measure your value by the impact you have on others’ output, not on your own
- Express your expectations: assumptions and expectations when delegating work
- Communicate commitments/deadlines clearly to the team
- Lead, don’t direct. Leadership inspires, it doesn’t dictate.
- Lean in to hard conversations
- Address issues quickly
- Be specific, have examples
- Focus on behavior, not on the person themself
- Keep learning your craft