- Economist John List (also involved in Uber study!)
- Chicago experimental pre school for state of the art techniques for
cognitive and non cognitive skills
- Give parents homework too. Incentivize them with money.
- Tons of hoops to jump through!
- 30 million fewer words for kids in poverty than affluent kids by age 3.
- Also differing quality - affirmation vs. prohibition, word and sentence complexity
- Non cognitive skills are massive predictors of school success: attention span, focus, confidence, etc.
- Tune in, talk more, take turns for better child development. 3 Ts