- A manager should act as a buffer for his/her team.
- A manager should be optimistic.
- Priorities: company first, team second, individual third.
- Must be able to context switch quickly
- Say no.
Stay out of the critical path when coding. You don’t have as much context as your tea,.
- “As a CTO, my default loop is ‘First, cycle through all my employees and make sure that I have equipped them to be happy and productive in their jobs. Second, find something to do. If possible, delegate it; if not, do it. Repeat.’“