- One of my favorite technical bloggers, but this post was kinda meh
- Stages of software:
- Your software just works. It’s fine.
- Omg anything can break at any time this is impossible.
- Keeping your site up is possible
- Stuff that helped:
- Work on a dashboard! Track metrics!
- Move complicated database code to a separate service
- Profile and fix unnecessarily slow code
- Learn cool stuff by doing ops!
- The best software engineers are the ones who consistently value the
impact and lifecycle of the code they ship, and value deployment and
instrumentation and observability.